Monday, July 9, 2012

7-9-12 Troy's Story/ Pres Riggs Here/ Miracles at McDonalds


 DAD MOM RY RACHELLE LIZA PRIM and CHLOEDOG
Why hello fambly! So for starters, TROY IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON
SATURDAY!!!! ODALALLEY! I am so stinkin excited. His original date was
8/11 but last week he was like... sooo this will be my third week at
church (everyone is required to attend church 3 times before being
baptized), so can I just get baptized on the 14th of july instead???
You guys. Troy really is the most prepared person in all the land.
Have I given you the details about him? So his dad was a member, his
mom was not. His dad wasn't very active tho and when he was 8 years
old, he got in a terrible car accident because he was drinking and
driving. It was an awful crash and his dad became a parapalegic. His
parents were then divorced soon after and Troy went away to live with
his mom. Fast forward a bit, Troy qualified to be drafted into
professional baseball, but chose not to and went to Airforce Academy
to get an education instead. After returning home to America from his
deployment in the Middle East, his dad committed suicide the next day.
It caught him off guard. He didn't know who to turn to, and at the
moment - he didn't feel like he could talk to his mom or his brother,
but he felt the need to talk to his dad's best friend, an active stake
president for the church. They talked for hours and his eyes were
beginning to open and his heart was softening. A few months later he
starts dating this beautiful and incredible girl named Vicki and her
brother asked him if he wanted to start meeting with the missionaries
and he said, "Actually, I'd really like that." Gosh. I cannot even
begin to describe how prepared he was. Back in January, he felt like
he should stop drinking alcohol.. and that was definitely God
inspiring him, because had he not, he wouldn't have been able to
progress so quickly and he wouldn't have been so receptive to the Holy
Ghost as he was! Teaching him the Word of Wisdom was incredible. Gosh.
His insights are incredible! He is so humble, so willing, so eager,
and so faithful, steadfasdt and unwavering in his commitment to follow
the Savior. His faith is like no one I have ever seen before! He has
given every ounce of himself to the Lord and it is incredible! God
truly does bless us abundantly for that which we give and sacrifice to
Him. The more we give, the more we receive. We went to the temple with
him and Vicki and I can't wait for them to be married!!! They are
going to be the greatest parents and the greatest general authorities
ever! haha. They've only been dating for 2 months tho so they aren't
quite engaged or anything yet. But its going to happen. And Vicki is
from VEGAS so you guys have to go to the reception!!! YES?! AHH!
WOOHOO! So plan on it, a year from now :)
Oh funny side note. Sunday, Vicki came out of Relief Society to see
Troy, beaming with excitement. And he said "I SIGNED UP TO BABYSIT
SEPTMEMBER 6TH!! I have no idea what that means, but i am SOO
EXCITED!!" haha he is already part of the ward. Everyone LOVES him. He
said it was the first sign up sheet that had ever passed by him in
elders quorum and he was just ecstatic! haha He's great. Vicki + Troy
= Eternal marriage

President Riggs is here and we got to meet him! He is absolutley
incredible. I cannot even begin to describe the love I felt as he
walked into the room! And his family is amazing. 4 daughters and 2
sons. (the oldest son and daughter are moved away). They are great. So
funny and so wonderful. As I shook his hand, he told me how much he
loves me and he called me his daughter. When he did he paused and said
"Wow... that felt incredible to say. You ARE my daughter now." It was
so sweet and I am so grateful. The next day, I read Alma 56:10,46.
Helaman calls the stripling warriors his sons ("for they were worthy
to call sons") and the warriors call him Father. I hope I can live up
to that name and be a daughter he can proudly call his. How divinely
organized are missions and families. God loves us so much and He wants
us to understand His great love for us so He puts us into the divine
units. Heavenly Father is so amazing! I stand in awe of His infinite
wisdom, love, and power each and every day.

Church was INCREDIBLE!! I am so happy. It was a miracle and such a
tender mercy - sitting in church, I was surrounded by four of our
incredible investigators: Troy, Tanelea, Ray, and Biruk. My heart was
so full of grattitude and with love! These children of our Heavenly
Father were sitting in Christ's church, they were being filled with
the Spirit! And then Muhammed, Medi and Yessir (part of this
incredible Moraccan family we met at McDonalds) came with us to a
later ward because they couldn't make it to either the Alex1 or
Shirlington wards. Oh, they are incredible! It has been so huumbling
and such an honor as the wards have come to really trst and love
Sister Rozsa and I. Four different ward members came to us with
referrrals of loved ones in one day. Bishop Salmons and Bishop Sampson
have actively participated in referring people for us to teach too!
What an honor and a privledge. The ward members are really the key to
missionary work. Without their love, their fellowship, and their
active participation in sharing the gospel to their friends and
neighbors, our efforts would be greatly hindered.

By the way. I'll explain later, BUT - McDonalds is a place of many
miracles. And I'm pretty positive its going to be for my entire
mission. I challenge you guys to share the gospel with Zach!!! Invite
him to our house for dinner, give him a Book of Mormon, share your
testimonies, and get the missionary discussions started!!! Pray for
God's help, and go for it! Pray for the right words to say, pray for
miracles to happen, and I promis you - they will! God will be with you
and His angels to bear you up. :D

I love you guys so much! Miracles are happening every day! Your
letters and your stories are so incredible. Thank you for being such
an incredible support and strength for me! Thank you thank you thank
you!

LOVE SISTER JUBLIA



Troy= the golden gold in all the land
They will be married in Las Vegas, save the date!
At a conference, meeting Pres Riggs
Tanelea Johnson, she's  sooo wonderful! I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment