Monday, September 10, 2012

9-10-12 Luis / Jorge near pond / Let's Be Humble!!!

DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA DONG and all other loved ones
Dad is an Alcatrazian swimmer man!! HOOORAY!! And Liza and Emma Dong are volleyballing winners of sorts! I'm.. so... happay! Ryan... he's a Dentist (flirtatious fat lady despicable metian smile). And Rachelle! Did you shave Chloedogs hair like that?!??! Who did it?! she looks... GREAT! 
Everyone. Spoil Dad this month! It's his month! OODALLALLEY! Birthday boy on Sunday. Someone - tell Kyle to take him on a 51 mile bike ride the day before his day of birth! And quick fetch me a tricycle! 

So I absolutely love Sister Carter and Sister Meier. I'm as happy as a clam! Sister Meier leaves us tomorrow morning tho, to start her second mission in South Carolina. Crazy! Sister Carter and I are going to get bikes tho, of which I am VERY excited!! I've missed my trusty cow. 

Miracles are still on a down pour! I need to tell you about Luis Rios. He's this short, older Puerto Rican man who has lived in New York for a long time before coming here. He is absolutely incredible. We found him tracting and he has been very interested from the moment we met him. He loves our Savior. He understands the importance of doing all that we can do, that we shouldn't passively live our life, but we must actively be seeking to learn more about our Father in Heaven. He's been devouring the Book of Mormon, just soaking it all up! And he is going to be baptized the 29th! Its been incredible to watch him grasp the truth, to see him advance in his understanding of the gospel. He's so excited to be baptized! He is wonderful because he has let God make him into the man he is and he still is letting Him continue to transform him. 

One day, God, being as great as God is, led us to this pond, where we saw this man sitting in the grass reading. We approached him and we saw that he was reading the Bible! It was such a beautiful day and this man - Jorge Campers - was so open and so prepared as he sat studying the scriptures, admiring the beauty of God's creations. It was remarkable. He is so ready! We've continued to meet with him at the pond as we've taught him, for the Spirit is just so strong there. 

In Helaman 12:3-7 it says "And thus we see that except the Lord doth chasten his people with many afflictions... they will not remember him." It is so sad to see just how forgetful we are! I do not want to wait to be compelled to humility, chastened to remember Him. But I want to choose to be humble, I don't ever want to forget the miracles I've seen, the promises He's kept, the blessings I've received! It made me think and reflect: What are I forgetting? What do I need to remember? I love personal revelation :) Don't limit yourself, but let God give every blessing He has prepared for you! Do all that you can to follow Him, to be obedient, to ask, to work, to live so that you can receive all that He has in store.

Ashley has gone missing. We can't get a hold of her and no one is ever home... We're hoping she's not back in the hospital. And pray for the Seipels.. Satan's working very hard.

Oh and Ray Royall (from Shirlington) is getting baptized on Saturday!!!!! :) 

Glory to God!
LOVE SISTER JULIA JEPPSEN



3 McDonalds Cones

Jorge Campers and the beautiful pond

 Luis Rios is amazing
Sara Muso and her granddaughter from Sudan

No comments:

Post a Comment