Friday, October 25, 2013

10-14-13 CHANGE IS Possible! We become...or are able to say I am (blank) ... because of the Great I AM! Not on our own


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA EMMA and my dearly beloved friends
Mom, I love you! I hope you're ok. You're in the hands of our Savior I know it. Ryan, use your excellent dentist nursing skills and take care of her for me!

We can change. We were sent here to change, to become something more than we are at present. "Now is the time to repent." (Alma 13: Now is the time to change.

Sister Woodbury and I have been blessed with an investigator/brother/friend named Donovan. He's wonderful. He works at Jerry's Subs & Pizza all day long, every day of the week so we go there often to teach him. He's developed a terrible habit throughout his lifetime of labeling himself by his weaknesses and denying the very purpose of this life - namely, change. He came with us to sacrament meeting this week and we heard several claims including: "I am not a friendly person, that's just the way I am." "I don't read the scriptures, never have, never will." "I am not a church going person." "I can't contribute anything to these people." "I'm not important." From the inmost part of my heart, I have stood firm in helping him withstand these hopeless and faithless ideas. He is a son of the Most High God. Jesus Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of the world, has suffered in Donovan's place. He has descended bellow his sins, his pains and his sorrows, his sicknesses and his temptations. Why? Why would He, who was perfect and sinless do such a thing? Because He loves us. He's suffered for each of us. We can change because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We can progress. We can become even as He.

As I was studying one morning, I was reading the words of the apostle James E Talmage in his book Jesus the Christ. He described the definition for the name Jehovah or I AM. It means the Eternal One. Like Him, we are infinite beings. We lived with God before we came to this earth and we will live again. Death is not the end. We are eternal, infinite beings. And through the sacred and holy name of Jesus Christ, the great I AM, we can and will be even as He - if we choose to be so. Our weaknesses are not who we are. We can change. We were designed to change and to become like Him. His grace is sufficient. When we claim ourselves to be anything below our divine potential, we are denying ourselves the Atonement of Jesus Christ. To say: "I am not important. I am not a social, friendly person. I cannot be forgiven. I am unproductive, lazy, worthless, ugly, judgemental, harsh" or anything else bad (Or for sake of missionary work: "I am bad at missionary work. I am too afraid to invite others. I am not bold or brave enough to talk to my friends.") We deny the very purpose of His suffering, death, and resurrection. Like Lehi, who only a few days out on their 9 year (or so) long journey to the Americas said, "I HAVE obtained a land of promise," (1 Nephi 5:5) we too must have faith enough to say "I am" what we were meant to become. I am kind, I am bold, I am loving, I love reading the scriptures, I am friendly, I make a difference, I am of great worth, I am important! Through the Jesus Christ, the Jehovah and great I AM, I am like Him. I know I will be. And I love every step of the way. I love repentance "We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become." - Elder . Change. Repent. Through Jesus Christ, we don't have to stay the same. We can become something great.

We must allow others to change. I have changed. I am continually changing. And I thank each of you for not holding me back, for loving me enough to help me change. Ryan, Rachelle - Liza, Emma - Mom, and Dad. I love you.
NOW IS THE TIME.. His work has been hastened. He is coming quickly. Choose ye this day to be like Him. Choose to be a part of this unfolding miracle.

LOVE SISTER JEPPSEN


Honey family! Its Sister Udall :D She's an incredible missionary!!!

                   I love Sister Woodbury


Donovan. Our good friend

Our Egyptian friends - Youssef and Ramy

No comments:

Post a Comment