Monday, June 25, 2012

6-25-12 Patricks Bap Date/ Promptings=personal commandments/ Pray


On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Julia Jeppsen <julia.jeppsen@myldsmail.net> wrote:

DAD MOM RY RASH LIZA DONG and our trusty steed
I'm sooooo very happy! Life as a missionary is incredible and so rewarding.
So Patrick. He is simply incredible. Did I tell you that him, sister Rozsa and I had a secret handshake in heaven? Well we had a lesson at one of the members house and it was incredible! We talked about how repentance isn't something to look down upon but rather should be viewed as something exciting and marvelous. It is such a remarkable priveledge that we get to repent, to change, to progress!  Gosh, Patrick is wonderful. The Spirit was bursting, and in the closing prayer - Patrick said he had no more concerns and that he knew that this is the path that God wants him to take. :) I am so excited for him. His baptism date is 7/14 but he's going out of town this weekend and he has to make it to church 3 times... So we told him he had to go in North Carolina. We prayed sooo hard that he did. He still hasn't gotten back to us tho.. Gosh, I hope he did.
 
So this is something I've been thinking a lot about these past few weeks and I've been trying really hard to implement it in my life. The Holy Ghost has divine investiture to speak for our Heavenly Father. So the promptings we receive through the Spirit are from God. If the Spirit tells or commands us to do something, then God is commanding us. So basically, the spiritual promptings we receive are personal commandments from our Father in Heaven and we should treat them as such! No matter how ridiculous the prompting may sound, whether it be to turn around and talk to someone, to say something, to go somewhere, to do something, it is from God and we must act willingly, happily, and without hesitation! Living and following the commandments God has given us is such an incredible blessing! When we obey God, He pours down blessings! So really, following His commandments may seem overwhelming or difficult at times, but really its so easy and so simple! We receive sooooo much for the little we are asked to do. The more commandments we receive, the more blessings He can give us! I LOVE commandments!!!!! And as for the personal, spiritual promptings/commandments, we need to be asking for them! Don't forget to pray and don't forget to ASK!
Another really cool thing I've been thinking a lot about and doing is asking questions. As I prayed, I noticed I never really asked a direct question. I would always say "Please help me know what to do.." or "Please let me know how I should..." But never did I actually ASK a question!! It was really strange and uncomfortable at first to ask real questions like "How should I...?" or "What should I do to...?" etc. BUT - it has been absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! When you ask God real, sincere questions, it gets you to stop and listen, to think and ponder, and to ACT! Live your prayers. Don't just say them. But live them. When you ask a question - show God that you really want to know by studying the scriptures, pondering, stopping to listen and pay attention to your feelings and thoughts. When you are grateful - show God that you really appreciate what He has given you! Use the things He has given you with respect and love, treat the people He has blessed you with with appreciation and gentleness. LIVE YOUR PRAYERS!!! 
 
Something my MTC teacher taught me that I've absolutely loved is to go to church with a specific question. Write it at the top of a notebook page, and let the inspiration and revelation just down pour. Church is such a marvelous opportunity to be edified by the Spirit. Ask and ye shall receive! Its marvelous. And TAKE NOTES! When you receive an answer, when God talks to you - show Him that you appreciate and treasure His counsel and the revelation He gives you. Write it down! Thats what all the prophets in the scriptures did!
 
Miracles galore :) It is such a privilege to be His missionary. So Sunday, I was looking at all the investigators we have - and so many of them are wonderful, but not very many of them are keeping their commitments (reading the BOM, praying, coming to church). And its so sad! Only when our faith in the Savior moves us to act - to study the scriptures, to pray, to repent - then will we progress! It breaks my heart to see people choose not to progress, to remain empty and without. I poured my heart in prayer, asking to find those people who are willing to act, who are ready to progress. And then Sunday night - we teach Troy. Troy is GREAT!!!!!! He is dating a member and he not only is a beautiful airforce athlete, but he is "honest" and sincere in his desire to find and learn truth! His Dad committed suicide a year ago and he was an inactive member of the church. Troy said that he remembered that when he was active, he was so strong and so happy. Well we had the lesson at the Bishop's house and the Spirit was so powerful! It was elevating! God is so wonderful. Ask and ye shall receive. What a priveldge it is to be the instrument that God chose to use in bringing His priceless son, Troy, back into His arms.
 
Youth conference sounded wonderful! And those little miracles made my day. God is watching over us, and its wonderful to open our eyes and see just how active He is our lives.
So this week... I got no letters. WEEEEEP! But thats probably because its transfers. Rozsa says they hold all the letters for transfers so I'm going to say thats the reason why....
I love you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment