Monday, January 14, 2013

1-14-13 IHOP Man = Steven!!!!


DAD MOM RYAN RASH LIZA EMMA and my wonderful friends

Every Saturday morning, we go to iHop with Brother Stark. Every Saturday morning, we are seated by the same man, tall, white and socially awkward in the wonderfullest of ways. Every Saturday morning, he takes us to the same booth, up on the upper level in the back corner. One afternoon, we saw him, walking by McDonalds (yes, McDonalds) on his way home from work. We were so excited and expressed our desire to find and teach him. And oh how incredible is our Father in Heaven! Of course He was listening to us, and of course, He was already in the works. So a few days later, we get a call from darling Sister Heiner who told us about a homeless woman named Hope who used to be a member of our ward. Hope had called Sister Heiner, informing her that she was back in Centreville and that she is now living with her boyfriend, Steven, who is not a member and who is interested in learning. So, we made our way over to his apartment, and IHOP MAN opens the door!! IHOP MAN = STEVEN!! Heavenly Father is so great! I love Him with all my heart.

I am so humbled by this calling, to represent our perfect, kind, and compassionate Lord and Savior. I represent Jesus Christ. The living Son of the living God. He is perfect; He is loving and patient, gentle and warm; He is brilliant, He is radiant; He is the life and light of the world; He is my dearest Friend, my Advocate and Redeemer. He lived His life, ministering to the sick and afflicted, comforting those who are struggling and weak. I am so imperfect, so fallen. How often I betray Him, forsake Him, and forget Him. Oh how forever grateful am I for his great and atoning sacrifice, that I can change by His grace. I love Him. Though I am weak, by His grace - I am strong.

I love these videos!!!

Peter is doing great! I love him so much. And we're now teaching this beautiful and incredible woman, named Dagmar (aka Dagi) Johnson. She is from Germany and her husband just passed away (at 52 years old) 6 months ago. She is great. I am so grateful for the opportunity to love her, to serve her, to learn with her, and to be the hand of my Savior in lifting her. I absolutely adore her. I am so honored to call her my friend.

We were at McDonalds when I discovered that my wallet was LOST! It had been a few days since I had last used it, so we did our best to search for it and to retrace our steps. The license, the gift cards and the debit cards were not of great concern, but my ministral certificate and my airplane ticket to DC were!!  We had no success though and carried on with the work. Oh how I love our Father. He hears me! The next morning, I felt a distinct impression that I needed to cancel my credit and debit cards. I didn't want to, but I decided to do it cheerfully and willingly. So I changed my desires, and I told Sister Evans - "Let's cancel my cards!! :D" haha. So we went to the apartment office to get my account number, and canceled my cards. As soon as I did, in walks one of the three Nephites (one of the apartment janitors). He took one look at me, then his face lit up and he ran away. A minute later, he came in carrying my wallet, beaming ear to ear. I love my Father and I love my Savior! After a trial of my faith, I received my witness. I received my wallet! Sister Evans and I had ruled out the apartment office and had I not followed the prompting to cancel my cards, we would not have been there, right when he was there, to find it!!!  I love my lame trials!! I am so grateful for them! Sister Evans is enduring through so much, her mother terminally ill, her family support lacking. Her trials are incredible and difficult. While I, on the other hand, lost my wallet haha. I am so grateful for my lame trials!!  

Heavenly Father answers prayers: Its been 50-60 degrees all week :)


LOVE SISTER JULIA JEPPSEN
Sis Evans and Sis Jeppsen

the Ashburn Zone

 Zone conference was incredible! Centreville Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment