Saturday, May 12, 2012

5-7-12 I Love the MTC-The Spirit is So Strong


MOM DAD RYAN RACHELLE ELIZA EMMA!!!! oh and my trusty stead.
I miss you guys so much. But I'm doing great. The MTC is absolutely incredible. The spirit is so strong, and not a minute of the day goes without it! So I told you about Sister Evans - she is wonderful. She's so faithful and so willing to sacrifice all that she has to be here. I love her so much. So we've already taught two discussions - its all role play, but it is so inspired. Even tho its our teachers, they transform into a completely different person, someone that God cares about. We truly are directed and lead by the Spirit for the investigator, and as we teach, we become the mouthpiece of our Heavenly Father, speaking the words that He wants His precious child to know. Without the Spirit, this work would be nothing.
Here's something really incredible that we've learned and that I've been thinking a lot about. Our purpose as missionaries are to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the HG, and enduring to the end. Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost's purpose is to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of Man" (moses 1:39), which is acheived by faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the HG, and enduring to the end. As His missionaries we have the same purpose of the Godhead!! What an honor. As I was thinking about it, it reminded me of Genesis 2:24 "Therefore shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." I have left my family, my father and mother, I have left behind all that I have and all that I know, and now, I am cleaving to God, with all my strength. And as I do, as I cleave to God, to my Savior, and to the Spirit, I will become one with them! What a sacred opportunity. I am so honored to be here. To be an instrument in His hands.
So you guys would be proud to know, I've tried to have a little bit of chicken each day, to get my protein for the day. Gym time isn't enough, of course. But its ok. They have these early morning classes (pilates, yoga, turbo kick, etc) at 6 am for a half hour, exclusively for Sisters. Its really nice. And you don't have to be with you companion for it since no Elders are out and about at that hour.
RYAN!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLOODALLOODALOOP!!! I love you and may your day be absolutely splendid! I wish I were with you to celebrate and to spoil you as much as I possibly could... but you'll just get triple treatment once I return.
And HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOMMA!!! I twill try to write you a letter today. Know that I love you and cherish you.
So I suppose its not too unexpected, but I've been absolutely frozen since I've got here! So I've had to pull out the tights and the long cardigans haha. My body is so silly. But I love it and appreciate it so very much.
I saw Lexi in the cafeteria yesterday!! It felt so unreal. It was hard saying goodbye again.
So leaving home was obviously a big concern of mine before leaving the for the mission, and whenever I thought about it, I'd well up in tears. It started to happen Thursday night and I couldn't get myself to stop crying. But I prayed in my heart with all my might, that I might be able to lose myself in the work. That I would be able to be the most useful tool in His hands as I could be, that I could leave without looking back like Lot and not like His wife - and He blessed me. Ever since, I've been happy, filled with His spirit, and energized to do His work.
You guys. Try youtubing a video about a man and a woman stuck on an escalator. We watched it... not sure if its youtube. But its pretty funny.
We got to go to the temple today and we did endowments! Only my second time doing them. It was really incredible. And being in the celestial room, I felt at peace. I knew that I would be with you guys again, and for eternity, and that one day we'll be in the celestial kingdom together. And I felt grandpa's presence. I know that he'll be with me, and Julie, working right along side me the whole way. What a tender mercy that was to be able to experience that. I love each and every one of you, with all my heart, all my might, and my mind, and all my strength. I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment