Thursday, May 31, 2012

5-30-12 I Absolutely Love it Here


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA EMMA AND MY TRUSTY STEAD!!! ...and guest (name that movie.... The Incredibles duh)
Hello my dearest and most wonderful family that I love so much. For starters, let me just say - I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT OUT HERE!!! It is so incredible. I love my mission, I love President Albright, I love my companion, I love the people. I love my WHOLE HOUSE!!! My whole house is great, I can do anything good - ya ya ya. (This is from the cutest youtube ever...Jessica's Daily Affirmation).  So my companion is Sister Rozsa. She's from California - LA area - and she is the cutest thing in the whole world. So much energy, so positive, and an incredible missionary. She loves to talk, loves people, and she ran marathons pre mission. And guess what. President Albright assigned us to a BIKING MISSION!!!! HOOOORAY!!!!! OOODALALLY!!!!! What a tender mercy. Heavenly Father has been pourin down the blessings, I couldn't possibly tell you everything. We are over two areas, Shirnglington and Alexandria 1 in the Mount Vernon Zone - so basically we bike a ton. We're whitewashing (or in other words, we're both brand new to the area) so thats exciting. I love our area. It is incredibly diverse. SOOOOOO many different cultures. So far - I've met people from El Salvador, Sudan, Ethiopia, Honduras, Liberia, Ecuador, Brazil, Russia, Bolgaria, Nigeria, Mexico, Moracco, Italy, India, Sierr Leon, Iran, Pakistan, Peru, Jordan, Roqanda, Jamaica, Afganastan, Serbia, France, Napal, Dubai (UAE), Guatemala, Thailand, Zambia, Vietnam, Japan, Ghana, Aritria, Venezuela, Bangledesh, Camaroon, Trinidad, and couting. And those are only the people that I asked where they are from. Its insane! I love it. And I'm learning how to speak a little bit of Twee - which is the Ghanaian language. SOO COOL!! The people are so incredible. Each culture is so unique and so cool.
So guess who's in my mission! Elder Earnshaw - Stuart's cousin!!! HOORAY FOR FAMBLY! And Elder Fraizer is in my zone too. His mom had told him to keep a lookout for me, so I didn't seem creepy knowing who he was haha. And Brian Fonts - such a small world. So we were going to visit this online referral, but no one answered the door - and his neighbors (Alessandra and Rich) were sitting out on the porch. They holllered at us and we went over and started talkin to them. Met both of their families and ended up teaching them the first lesson and it was just incredible. The only member Alessandra's daughters knew was this guy named Brian Fonts, and he's a really close friend - they call him Uncle. Well next day, after that little heaven sent miracle of meeting them, we go to the Bishop's house for dinner, and some man sees my name tag and he's like - is your dad John Jeppsen?!?! Its Brian Fonts! Such a small world. He was uncle Robs roommate and buddy. I can't believe it!
You guys, there have been so many miracles. I wish I could write them all. One after another. Its incredible. I don't even know where to begin, which person to describe, which tender mercy to try to explain. Well I'll tell you bout Mubarak. He's from Saudi Arabia and is going to school for pharmacology somewhere around here. We just knocked on his door one day and he was so eager, so ready to learn more. After we left he even called us to make sure the number was right haha. Set up an appointment and went to teach him, and when we got there, he had 4 fellow Saudi Arabian friends with him. Since they're all Muslim, it was interesting to see the difference between some of his friends (one in partciular) and Mubarak as they were more so trying to teach us what they believe rather than listening to what we had to say. But Mubarak, he wanted to know for himself. His heart is so willing, so contrite, he wants to know if its true. I'm so excited for him! Goddness, he is so wonderful.
Soooooo many people! Pat, Kevin, and Pam. Alpha. Pete. Sharma and Shakshi. Jim. Richard. Bectesh and Baki. Ramadan. Ray and Ike. SOOOO many wonderful people. Each so different, and each so precious to Heavenly Father. I love each and every one of them so much.
Its so incredible here. We talk to whoever we can, we work as hard as hard as we are able, we are obedient to all the mission rules, we give all our heart, might mind, and strength - and then the spirit just does all the work! God truly is with us, in our planning, in our finding, in our travels, in our teaching, an in our hearts. It is such a sacred opportunity to be His mouthpiece, to speak the words that He wants His precious and beloved children to hear. I'm the instrument He uses, and I am so honored and so humbled to have been chosen to do so. There is so much for me to improve, but the Lord is helping me. He is with me and He will not fail me.
Here's something I studied the other day... Alma 29:9-16 "And this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance... and behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy... yea and that same God hath called me by a holy calling to preach the word unto this people, and hath given me much success in the which my joy is full"

This is what my heart longs for! To help one child (and many many more) of our Heavenly Father to experience the joy and peace of repentance, of following our Savior to baptisim and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. I trust my Father, He has called me to do just that. Countless miracles lie before me that I so mercifully will get to be part of. My joy will be full, my soul will be filled, for I trust that God has gone before me. He is with me. I am His instrument and He will give me much success. I don't earn success. I don't deserve success, but God blesses me with success.
I love you guys with all my heart. Here's my theme song/scripture. I absolutely love it. Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage. Fear not, nor be afraid of them. For the Lord, thy God, He it is that doth go with thee, He will not fail thee nor forsake thee
LOVE Sister Jeppsen






No comments:

Post a Comment