Monday, August 6, 2012

8-6-12 What is it like to be around ourself? Christ sees our potential and loves us!! Do we do that to those around us?


DAD MOM RY RASH LIZA EMMA
Why hello my lovely bunch of cococuts - tweedeladee. Ok. So. What are we planning for momma's birthday?!?! Everyone. Get to thinkin cuz its comin in hot! My letter will be on its way shortly. The rest of you gang - get your pens goin and write her something personal and great. Whoever gets her to cry the hardest wins!! haha :)
Essam is back from Egypt! He's getting it. Slowly but surely. We watched Finding Faith in Christ with Him - and he cried throughout the entire thing. I love the Spirit! It was so powerful.
Almaz is great! Patrick is great! Taneala is great! Pat is great! Ray Royal is great! Darlene is great! Jackie is great! Biruk is great! Vicki and Troy are great and they are going to Vegas!! But I think their weekend is super crazy so they won't be able to visit.. Stellamarie is great! Rudy is great! Ash and Harry moved last week... Weeeep. Every single person is soooo amazing. They are all so different and so unique. And God loves each and every one of them are so precious and priceless to our Father in Heaven! What a privledge it is to know them and to be the instrument through which God gets to speak to His children.
This week, the questions I brought to church were these: What is it like to be around me? and... What was it like to be around Christ? Oh how marvelous it is to receive revelation from our Father in Heaven! I've been trying really hard to visualize the scriptures I read, to really look and see, to imagine what it must have been like to be there and to feel what they must have felt, in order to better understand why these people did what they did. So in Matthew 4:18-20 Peter and Andrew immediately left behind all that they knew, all that they were, to follow Jesus. Why? Picture it. What great love they must have felt! As I imagine my Savior, I cannot help but feel loved, safe and protected, comforted and lifted, empowered and strenghtened, full of peace and joy. I feel important and precious. Christ said to these men "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Christ saw in these humble fishermen more than they saw in themseleves. He saw their divine potential. They were humble fishers, but He saw more in them, He saw what they could become through Him. That made me ponder. I am a full time representative of our Savior. You guys too, have "taken His name upon you" as part of the promises you made when you were baptized. We represent Jesus Christ. So do we see the dinive potential in all those around us? Do we, as His representatives, help them see all that they are? Do we beckon them to come unto our Savior so that they can become all that God sees in them?
No matter what Christ was doing, whether He was fasting and weak, whether He was traveling through a crowded multitude, whether He was eating or resting, He never hesitated to serve and to help those around Him. He always was looking out and reaching out. He was never too busy or too tired to lift and heal those around Him. Never did He serve unwillingly or resentfully. He gave all that He had, willingly and cheerfully, making those who He served feel the great love He had for them, making them feel how important and precious they were to Him. Peter and Andrew trusted Him. And as Christ's children, we must do the same.
Biggest McDonald's ice cream cone ever Saturday night. The manager loves us and just downpoured the icecream!! He was heavensent
Someone - tell Alyssa Fro to write me!! What's going on with her life?! I don't have her address!! Tell her I love her. Also, hello Bret Turner! Your letters make me oh so very happy.
Ryan, a request - please send a letter edumacating me all about the Masons. I've been trying to tell people what I remember - of which is very limited and probably not true in the slightest. So, to save me from spreading lies about the Masons, the world (aka Sister Rozsa) would deeply appreciate it if you would teach us their ways :) thanks
I LOVE YOU DEARLY
SISTA JULIA

No comments:

Post a Comment