Tuesday, November 13, 2012

11-13-12 Arnold got Baptized and Gift of the Holy Ghost for His Birthday!!

DAD MOM RYAN SHELLY LIZA EMMDONG

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! LIZA IS 18 YEARS OLD!! OODALALLEY!! And she got a brand new BICYCLE!?!?! Road bike = the greatest gift a mortal father can give to his daughter. haha. Well done pops and momdre. I reserve the family vacation of biking the Californian coast for when I return home. 

Arnold is baptized :) It was so wonderful! He is extremelely accomplished, and yet he is so humble and so polite. The entire ward was so supportive; the youth made it their week's activity to attend and participate. And to celebrate both his and Liza's birthdays (spiritual and physical), Arnold recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost! Afterward, beaming - he said he's felt happier, more energetic, and absolutely wonderful ever since his baptism. This gospel surely is true. 

The night before his baptism, the oh so incredible Stark family invited Arnold, Luis, and we sisters over for dinner and a lesson :) I cannot even describe how perfect the evening was. We were so happy! I was surrounded by these remarkable people who I love and treasure, these people who I have grown spiritually with, who I have sacrificed everything for and who have sacrificed just as much, if not more, for me. I love Arnold. I love Luis. I love Brother and Sister Stark.

Miracle: With our member revelation work, Brother Stark had referred us to one of his neighbors. We felt like we should stop by their home one day, and when we did, George, the man of the house was absolutely pleasant and friendly. But he had guests over at his home so he pointed us to another home further down the street and told us to knock on their door. So we did! And this beautiful girl, our age, opened the door. Her name is Laura and she welcomed us in and she was so prepared! She is so inquisitive and so sincere. She's great.

Another Miracle: Great day, out walking on a street of which we felt so prompted to walk. Beatrice, a 17 year old girl from our ward was out with us for the day. It was an incredible day. I started talking to this wonderful man, now investigator, Steven. He's black, baptist, and the happiest most positive and energetic man ever. He is so sincere too. He asked so many questions about the Book of Mormon and the Spirit touched his heart upon hearing the First Vision. While I was talking to him, Sister Carter and Beatrice talked to Peter, a great man from Ghana. We set up a time with them and taught him Sunday with the Starks. He is so prepared too! And so humble. Gosh. I love this work!! I am so grateful to be part of this work.

LOVE SISTER JULIA


Our new coats!

Arnold's baptism :)

I love them!

                              Our district


No comments:

Post a Comment