Wednesday, November 28, 2012

11-19-12 Thanksgiving

DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLEY ELIZA EDONG and my other beloved friends
Hello! So Mom and Dad are travelling the world right now. What are the rest of you doing? What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving? Where are you staying? What are you doing? 

Let me introduce you to Peter Koranteng. We found him last week, walkin around talking to all the world around us. And he is absolutely wonderful! He is from Ghana and tho he looks like he is in his 30s, he is 50 years old. Oh how prepared is he! He is wonderful. We've seen him three times this week and we are having dinner with him tonight at the Starks. I love him so much. He is hilarious, and is always equipped with some sort of clever joke.  

So something that I've been struggling with is remembering and applying all the things I have been so abundantly blessed with. Heavenly Father has opened the heavens to me, He has given me so much - and now it is up to me to put my knowledge to action. I have gained a testimony, I have developed a greater knowledge of His divinity and of the character of our Savior. But now is my opportunity and responsibility to fully receive these precious truths by applying them, by living and becoming as our Savior. These last few weeks I have been frustrated with myself for not constantly remembering and living all the things I have learned. As I went to Stake Conference this weekend, I asked Heavenly Father how I can remember to live the things that He has taught me. And oh how grateful I am, for surely as we ask, we do receive - as long as we are willing and striving to receive. Something that I have learned is that it is important that we learn to receive when we ask, for so often I find myself becoming distracted and forgetful to think, ponder, search, and listen when I do inquire of the Lord. Well, Heavenly Father opened my eyes and He gave unto me as I asked. My thoughts have been so consumed and concerned about forgetting the things I have learned that there has been no time for me to remember! This surely is a ploy of the adversary that keeps us from progressing. In Proverbs 23:5, 7 it says: "Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he." What we think is what we become. My thoughts have been set upon forgetting, and so I forgot. How silly of me! And I am so grateful to be able to repent, to change, and by the grace of my Savior to apply, live and become all that He has so abundantly given me. 

Mom, you have a wonderful friend, Ron Darmawan - who sent me a package from Hawaii! I have no idea who he is, but he was very generous in his gift. I am so honored to have the love and support of each of our dear friends. Thank you. I am forever grateful to our Father in Heaven to be blessed with such incredible people in my life. 

Sitting in Stake Conference this week, I could not help but feel at home. We are brothers and sisters. We are children of God. We are family, here to support, to lift, to protect, to learn from, to grow with, to practice and prepare to live with our Father in Heaven again one day. 

Sister Carter is leaving Wednesday morning and I will be getting a new companion! I have loved every moment with her and look forward to what Heavenly Father has in store for me. How marvelous it has been to be companions with Sister Carter

LOVE SISTER JULIA


Peter!! 

 The Garfields (They are related to the Stewarts!!) We love them

Former Bishop Walter. He is absolutely fantastic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment