Monday, December 17, 2012

12-17-12 Christmas Conference! I love Jesus Christ!

DAD MOM RYAN SHELLY LIZA EMMA and my dear lovely friends
Its crazy to think that Heffrie and Ryan are returning home this week.. or they may have already returned!! I have no idea! CRAZY! Tell them I love them. I can only imagine how incredible their reunion will be with each of you, but at the same time - how difficult it must be for them to leave. My heart aches at the thought of returning home. There is nowhere else I would rather be but here.

Has Lexi left?! Oh my dearest Lexi. I love her! I am so excited. And I'm sure Heavenly Father is too. He knows perfectly the miracles He will be able to perform through her, the hearts He will be able to touch because of who she is and all that she willingly gives to Him. I'm.. soo.. HAPPAY! 

This week, our entire mission came together for a Christmas conference. After having a fun talent show, a beautiful devotional and testimony meeting, and a delicious lunch, I had the precious opportunity to follow President and Sister Riggs around, carrying their boxes full of Christmas gifts, as they delivered a present to each missionary. It was remarkable to see my dear president, as a true representative of our Savior, Jesus Christ, as he went one by one to each of us, his children. One by one he embraced them, he let them see and feel the love he has for each of them. I felt as one of the apostles, amazed and in awe of His great and unconditional love for us individually. He let each missionary experience and feel of their importance and great worth, to experience for themselves the love he and our Father in Heaven has for them. I saw as he took each missionary into his arms, knowing each by name. To every one he told them "I love you." Never once was it mundane or insincere, but to each, he sincerely meant it. After having visited with each missionary, he turned to me and held my hand in his and expressed his love and appreciation. He genuinely cares and knows each one of us, and today I surely did see my Savior in his countenance and did feel of His love- for me and for each of the missionaries. It was as though I had experienced a tiny glimpse of Christ's coming to the ancient Americas in 3 Nephi 11. I will always treasure that moment. 

We received an incredible talk by Elder Neal A Maxwell entitled "Jesus of Nazareth, Savior and King" and it has been so very enlightening to slowly study each word and paragraph. I love Jesus Christ. My understanding of Him and all that He has done for us is so small, but I am grateful for what I have felt, what I have learned, and what I know of Him and His perfect character. I look forward to the lifetime we have and the eternities beyond that of which we have to grow in our knowledge and our understanding, and to become even as He through His grace and mercy. 

Sister Evans is absolutely incredible. I am so happy, so very blessed to have her as my companion. To learn with and from her. Transfers are this week which is so strange because we were just barely reunited. Regardless, we are still seeing bounteous miracles and I never cease to be amazed of His great love and power. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

LOVE SISTER JULIA JEPPSEN
Sister Evans and I reunited!



Christmas Conference with the whole mission!!!

President and Sister Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment