Friday, December 28, 2012

12-24-12 Christ's Selfless Character, His Love always had Action!

DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA EMMDONG, my beloved family and friends.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!! I cannot explain just how wonderful this Christmas has been. I am blessed far greater than I will ever deserve. And I am forever grateful. Oh how incredible are each of the people Sister Evans and I are so privileged to know, to learn from, to serve beside, and to grow with. The Belyeas, the Garfields, the Knuttis, the Headricks, the Emords, the Starks, dear Peter and Von, Erica and Laura, Ben and Terrance. And to have the love and support of each of you. My dear friends. I love you truly. I thank Him for blessing me with your friendship, your love and your example. I deserve hell! But look how great and marvelous are my blessings, my friends, my dear family. I love you. So so very much! 

Through our dear mission president, Heavenly Father opened my eyes more fully to Christ's perfect and selfless character. How saddened and how brokenhearted was Jesus upon hearing that His dear cousin and trusted friend, John the Baptist was beheaded (Matthew 14). John, his loyal and faithful disciple, his family and kin, whom as a baby, lept in Elisabeth's womb when Christ came near to him, even as an unborn babe; John, whom was His chosen messenger to go before Him and prepare the way, whom Jesus said: "Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist." When Jesus heard of his death, he departed by ship to be alone, to mourn the murder of his beloved friend. Can you imagine - if your dearest friend was killed in your behalf, how heavy your heart would be and how you would so desperately need to be alone, to pray and be comforted by Heavenly Father. But, when Jesus saw a multitude of people following Him, he was "moved with compassion toward them" and instead of leaving them that he might be alone, he spend the day, healing their sick, comforting them. The apostles, knowing of the great pain he felt for the loss of his dear cousin, and seeing that the people were becoming hungry, saw that it was a perfect opportunity for them to break away so that Christ could be alone. I could imagine them saying, "Master, it's been a long day. The people are growing hungry, so why don't we send them away that they might return to the village to buy some food, and then you will be able to go to be alone, for you have suffered a great loss today, Lord." But Jesus said, "They need not depart, give ye them to eat." And there he preformed yet another incredible miracle, feeding the multitude of five thousand with only five loaves and two fishes. It wasn't until the multitude was filled did he depart into the mountains to pray by Himself. Our perfect and merciful Savior sought to bless and lift others, even in his time of mourning. How often do we put our own needs and wants first, whether we might be ignoring the needs of others or perhaps too self-absorbed to even notice? The compassion and love that Christ felt never went without action. He acted upon the love that He felt. The pure love of Christ is not charity unless it be put to action. 

Sister Belyea taught an incredible lesson in church about the people foreordained to bring the Savior into the world. Heavenly Father prepared perfectly those who would be receiving His Only Begotten Son, l the Savior and Redeemer of the world. Nothing was done by chance. If you were to pick someone to raise your son, wouldn't you choose someone faithful and righteous, patient and loving, someone who was a good teacher and who lived the gospel. The Father sent His Son to whom He trusted. How incredible and remarkable are each of these people, privileged and chosen to welcome Christ to the earth - Zacharias and Elisabeth, Mary and Joseph, John, the shepherd, the wisemen, Simeon. Each are remarkable and it has been such a wonderful and enlightening experience to study each of these people.

Oh the things we can learn from them!! Here's something that really touched my heart and filled my vision about just one attribute of the woman chosen to be the mother of Jesus Christ. Luke 2:19 reads: "But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." Unless we ponder and reflect the things we experience, we will not keep them. They will be lost and forgotten. Elder Holland said, "None of us could have imagined such a few short months ago, the miracles we have seen and the divinity we have enjoyed. We have talked with, prayed with, and labored with the very Son of God Himself. We have walked with Him and wept with Him" Unless we look back and see the miracles, unless we ponder in our hearts the divinity we have enjoyed - we will not keep them. They will be lost. And may we not forget those "seemingly small, sometimes overlooked" miracles that we experience day be day. President Monson said that we have "countless experiences... [that] were not necessarily those one would consider extraordinary.. [that even] at the time they transpired... [they] often seemed unremarkable and even ordinary... yet in retrospect (as he pondered and reflected0 they enriched and blessed lives - not the least of which was my own." Does the Lord have to shake me loudly in order for me to see His hand? Must His love and His power be made manifest dramatically in order for me to recognize it? Are my eyes so out of focus and my ears so out of tune that I cannot see not hear His voice? If our eye is out of focus, we will not be able to see the abounding miracles. We may only recognize the big miracles placed directly in front of us; and even then, we may not even see those. But if our eye is single to the glory of God, our view is clear and we will see His hand in EVERY aspect of our lives. Let us remember, reflect, and keep the miracles, the divinity, and the precious gifts He has so graciously given us... Let us repent! I love repentance!!!! I am so excited and grateful that we can change.

My dear Lexi, I love you. Ryan and Heffrie, welcome home. Melniff, Chloe, Alyssa, Ethan, Bret, my dear ward family, ALL of you, my friends, I love you. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! Christ, our Lord, our Savior and King, He lives!!

LOVE SISTER JULIA JEPPSEN
Elder Gronning (our amazing district leader) hosting a lovely white elephant/secret santa gift exchange for our district meeting

Yay for Christmas!!

The wonderful Laura Chenette - who's heart is so big and mind so inquisitive, and Sister Belyea - scholar of the scriptures and boldness comparable to Elder Holland

Von Christiansen :) I love him

Our very well-gifted Christmas tree. Thank you all SOO very much!! I wish I could give to you as you so generously have given to me. I deserve hell! But our merciful Father has given us each so much. Oh how he blesses us, and how he has so graciously blessed me with friends and family as you. Thank you. I am forever grateful for your friendship.



No comments:

Post a Comment