Monday, March 11, 2013

3-11-13 I'm Training Sister Bell!!! Still in Warrenton


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA EMMA and my dear dear friends
Lexi is officially out in the field!!! ..and I'm TRAINING?! AHH!!! In all honesty it's more like I'm being trained. I am so grateful Heavenly Father has blessed me with this precious opportunity to learn from and to grow with Sister Katie Bell. She's a darling girl from California who is so quick to serve and to offer help to those around her. She's incredible. To think that he is entrusting me with such a sacred responsibility, I am deeply humbled and amazed. I better understand how Helaman must have felt when his father placed in his care the sacred responsibility of maintaining the plates. "And now remember, my son, that God has entrusted you with these things which are sacred and also which he will keep and preserve for a wise purpose in him, that he may show forth his power unto future generations. And now my son, see that ye take care of these sacred things, yea, see that ye look to God and live. Go unto this people and declare the word, and be sober. My son, farewell." (Alma 37:14,47). Sister Bell has been placed into my care, His precious and beloved child. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are trusting me. Sister Bell will be an incredible instrument in blessing and training future generations of missionaries and bringing generation and generations of people to the truth. I cannot and will not do this without His help. I have no idea what I'm doing, but He knows. I trust Him with all my heart. I'm so far from perfect, I make many, many mistakes. But He is with me and I'm doing all that is in my power to do as He does and be as He is. We are seeing MIRACLES!
I'm still serving in the beautiful Warrenton 1st ward, but with the increase of missionaries, we now have 2 sets of us! Elder Barney (an incredible and humble missionary) and his trainee Elder McLaughlin have joined us in the ward. We, sisters, were moved from our apartment and now live in the basement of the Lubeskies. We cover the more... civilized part of the boundaries while the Elders are out in the country and long dirt roads haha. I'm so happy.
Liza, WHAT'S UP?! Half marathon, no big deal. And you beat Dad to the finish line. I blame Kyle.. haha :) Ok. I have no words for Mary Lake. I'm honored to call her my cousin. I'm trying to imagine her playing volleyball in my mind, and I'm sure that my vision is far less than what she really is capable of doing.
I wanted to share with you this week my grattitude for prayer. I looked up the definition for the word commune. It means to talk together with profound intesnsity and intimacy. We can commune with God! Our Father in Heaven talks WITH us. With profound intensity and intimacy, He talks with us. As I have poured out my heart to our dear Father in Heaven day by day, hour by hour, I have felt Him speaking with me, pouring out His love and wisdom to my soul. I know His voice. He "who laid the foundation of the earth, who made the heavens and all the hosts therof, and by whom all things were made which live, and move, and have a being" (D&C 45:1). He is our God, our Father. I love Him. I love His Son, my Lord, my Friend.
LOVE SISTER JULIA JEPPSEN
Sister Bell and Sister Jeppsen.. Companions!!!
 

Elder Earnshaw, Cousin to Julia's cousin!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment