Thursday, March 21, 2013

3-18-13 Children = the rubbing stone of perfection


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLEY LIZA DONG "... and guests" (Edna Mode, The Incredibles)
 
This week has been remarkable! I love our Heavenly Father!! I love our Savior! I love this beautiful life! I love being a missionary! I thank Him, I praise Him, I glorify Him! Sister Bell is simply delightful in every way. She is 19 years old, and positively splendid. She is so sweet and so eager and excited to grow and to serve. Training is the most humbling and blessed opportunity. I am continually amazed.
 
Children are the rubbing stone of perfection. By divine design, he places us into families. He gives us the privilege, the opportunity, the blessing of bringing His children into the world. For us to have the patience they need, for us to have the knowledge and understanding they require, for us to provide the nourishment (both physical and spiritual), the experience, the love, the education, the environment they need to grow in truth and righteousness, we must become more reined in our obedience, more diligent in living the gospel. We must become "a greater follower of righteousness and possess a greater knowledge" of the mysteries of God" (Abraham 1:2). "To be A FATHER of many nations, a prince of peace," we must DESIRE to receive, and then actually RECEIVE instruction from the Lord that we may more fully keep His commandments with exactness. To lay claim on EVERY blessing available to you and your children, it requires CONTINUAL humility, CONTINUAL repentance and learning, CONTINUAL coming unto the Lord with a broken heart and contrite spirit. Surely it is by His design, our Father in Heaven, the Most High God, who has provided the way to become perfect, even as He is perfect.
 
Mom, Dad. How deep is my gratitude and my love for you. I have no better example of humility, of continual refinement, of selfless consecration and love. I love you and thank you for continually looking to our Savior. I love Him with all my soul.
 
I have been praying and talking with Heavenly Father, asking that I may be prepared to be His instrument in guiding a family to the waters of baptism and to the temple. We are teaching several families, and they are incredible. The Fenos, Gloria and her children, Michelle and hers. I love this work. I love these people. I am forever grateful that I can be with you, my precious and beloved family, forever. And it is only by His power that we can. We have been sealed in His holy temple and I so deeply wish the same for these people.
 
I pray for you. For each of you, I commune with our Father for you.  I'm far, but close.
Sister Julia Jeppsen



No comments:

Post a Comment