Wednesday, March 6, 2013

3- 4-13 Lay Hold to EVERY Good Thing! I LOVE MORONI AND ABRAHAM!!


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA EMMA and my other dearly beloved friends
I talked to Elder TREVOR MONTGOMERY on the phone!! He's not in my zone, but maybe we'll see each other at transfers this Thursday.
 
I am so happy. I love Sister Smith. I love Warrenton 1st. I love all of the incredible people here. And oh how I love my Father and Friend. Without prayer, I would be lost. We truly can COMMUNE with God. [to commune: to converse or talk together, usually with profound intensity and intimacy].. I would ellaborate but I feel to share with you something else..
 
I cherish the words of the prophets. What joy and clarity, what peace and strength we receive as we search and study His words. Very seldom do I read the Book of Mormon from beginning to end, but I immerse myself in its words daily. I have such a deep respect for Moroni. He was the very last prophet to write in the Book of Mormon and was a man of many sorrows as he was the only one to remain faithful to the Lord Jesus Christ, surrounded by wickedness, cruelty, and darkness. How difficult it must have been for him and for all the humble men before him, to press forward in the work when they knew that their efforts would be lost to apostasy. But they could endure, for their faith was in the future, it was directed ahead of them. He and so many faithful followers of Christ could cheerfully and willingly move onward because they knew that in our dispensation, good would defeat evil, that light would cast out all darkness, that the Jesus Christ would return in majesty and great glory. We are preparing the world for Him. Our efforts will not be lost. These are the last days. We are fulfilling prophesy. 
 
Moroni, with his unwavering faith in that which was ahead, he so diligently and so lovingly exhorts us to "come unto Christ and lay hold upon every good gift" (Moroni 10:30-31). President Riggs truly lives his commitment: "I will come unto Christ and lay claim on EVERY blessing available to me and my family." His scriptures and his studies are centered on seeking the promised blessings from our Father in Heaven, and what he can do to lay claim on them. Moroni's father had asked "How is it possible that ye can lay hold upon EVERY good thing?"  To answer, if we "search diligently in the light of Christ... and by faith [we will] lay hold upon EVERY good thing... In Christ there should come EVERY good thing" (Moroni 7:19-25).
Heavenly Father opened my eyes this week as I was studying the incredible man and humble prophet Abraham. Read with me from Abraham 1:1-2. "I, Abraham,saw.. and finding there was greater happiness and peace and rest for meI sought for the blessings of the fathers... having been myself a follower of righteousness, desiring also to be one who possessed great knowledge, and to be a greater follower of righteousness, and to possess a greater knowledge, and to be a father of many nations, a prince of peace, and desiring to recieve instructions and to keep the commandments of God.. I became a rightful heir, a High Priest, holding the right belonging to the fathers." Abraham saw that Heavenly Father had greater happiness, peace, and rest for him. He looked and his vision was expanded, his understanding enlightened. He beheld that there was far more he could enjoy, far more he could become. He studied and he realized there were greater blessings he could enjoy. Abraham was already a "follower of righteousness" but he wanted to be better. As we come unto Christ, God will show unto us our weakness (Ether 12:27). Abraham desired to be better, to be a greater follower of righteousness, to possess a greater knowledge. He wanted all that God had in store for him. He desired to be a father of many nations, a prince of peace. He humbly saught for instruction, to know what he could do to improve, to grow, to learn. He desired to keep all of the commandments, for he understood that it is ONLY by obedience to the commandments of God that we obtain His blessings (D&C 130:20-21). As Abraham actively sought, he BECAME. He received. He entered into a covenant with Him and took upon him the name of Christ. I've started doing as I have seen President Riggs do. I seek for the promised blessings from our Father in the words of His prophets, living and dead. I saw in his scriptures that he circles every "IF" and underlines every "WILL" or "SHALL." President Riggs is an incredible man, for he is humble and diligently follows Jesus Christ.
 
LOVE SISTER JULIA JEPPSEN
 

The Howards!

We volunteer at a food bank every week with some incredible people. This is Andy. He's great
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment