Monday, April 29, 2013

4-22-13 The Youth's Examples Are Amazing!! Just Pondering Prayer!


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA EMMA, "my friends and my brethren, my kindred and my people" (Mosiah 4:4)
You guys are the VERY BEST! I love you so much! Momma, you are incredible!  
When does Ryan and Rachelle move out? Poooor Chloedog :( ...GOOD LUCK ASHBOY!!! WOOHOOO!!!
God is so great! I marvel to see how Heavenly Father is preparing, and using, the youth in our ward (and I'm sure every where else) to be His servants in bringing the gospel to all the world. He has been placing us in the paths of several teenagers who are eager and searching to know God and Jesus Christ. These kids are all friends with different members in our ward and have been deeply touched by their examples and the Spirit that is with them. Surely, when we are doing what we should, the Lord does far more through us than we realize. We carry HIS light. And if we do not hide, He will penetrate and cast out the darkness that overshadows His beloved children.
When we were temporarily lost, we saw someone getting out of his car, so of course - we talked to him. Turns out he, Liam, is friends with a boy in our ward (named Brian) who just recently got his mission call to Germany! Liam is so sincere and so honest. He recently lost his faith and fell into atheism. We were able to bring his friend, Brian,  with us as we taught him how he can know that God lives. It was a great lesson and a blessing for Brian. Brian will teach many who do not know God as he travels to Germany and what better way to prepare than to share with his good friend what He knows to be true. Liam humbly said he's trying to desire to know the truth.
And again, we were out checking on a family who Bishop Brown felt impressed for us to see. Though the dad was not too friendly, the mother (the only member, and less active since she was a little girl) and her two daughters were very kind. Kaitlyn, a tall athletic and beautiful 17 year old girl, so desperately wants to know our Savior. Never having been taught about Him, she gratefully accepted a Book of Mormon and started reading it. She is an incredible softball player and she is on the same team as Makayla, a darling girl in our ward. Makayla's example and testimony has resonated in her heart and she longs to have what she has.
Oh how I do not deserve any of this! But how grateful I am! With deepest gratitude and humble hearts, we are able to receive and become far more than we will ever deserve. How glorious.
While studying prayer this week, Heavenly Father opened my eyes on how I can better commune with Him. In this two way communication, we can always trust that Heavenly Father will talk with us with profound intensity and intimacy, but how inconsistent and lacking are we in communing with Him. Do we pray with PROFOUND intensity and intimacy? Also, in the bible dictionary, we learn what it means to truly pray in Christ's name. "When we pray in Christ's name when our mind is the mind of Christ AND our wishes the wishes of Christ - when His words abide in us." I'm grateful for times of self reflection. Do I pray for the things He would pray for? is my mind one with His? Are my thoughts His thoughts? Are my wishes His wishes? "Many prayers remain unanswered because they are not in Christ's name at all; they in no way represent His mind, but spring out of the selfishness of man's heart." I should never feel as though I DESERVE an answer to my prayers, that I deserve revelation, that I deserve progressing investigators, that I deserve to be healed. For thankfully, I will never get what I truly deserve. I deserve hell. But because of Jesus Christ, I will not receive it! As I pray, I mustn't ask in an attitude of entitlement or selfishness. But I must ask in humility, in an attitude of thankfulness and gratitude, of faith, of hope, and of charity. Do I pray looking inward? Seeking for my own personal and selfish desires? Or do I pray with faith in Jesus Christ, and gratitude for His Atonement? Do I pray with hope and patience? Do I pray out of pure love for those around me and for our Father and Savior? Lots to think about. Lots to change! I'm so excited! I love repentance. Oh the great blessings that await us :) Love you dearly.
LOVE SISTER JULIA JEPPSEN

Nakash, Jazzmine, and Jerry :)

This is Sonia Ancha! I adore her.

Blossoms Blossoms Blossoms!!!

Kathy and Woodrow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment