Monday, April 29, 2013

4-29-13 We've Seen So Many Miracles! The Lord is Working Beside Us!


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA LOO EMDONG and my lovely friends,
Liza's a winner of sorts! Woohoo!!! And Ryan and Rachelley are officially home owners. Oodallaley! And Emma/Prim is GREAT! She can do anything good. What an incredible week! I love the Anchas and Biggs. Sweet Sonia, the mother and driving force of the family, is absolutely wonderful. I thank Heavenly Father for the privilege to know her and learn with her and her family. Tho the adversary was working hard to keep us from teaching them on one particular evening, the Spirit stepped in and by the power of Jesus Christ, the chaos was cast out! Woohoo! I love Him! And oh how He loves them! We were able to teach them the importance of family scripture study prayer and she committed to reading with her entire family at dinner each night. Tho not everyone in the family is on board yet, she is relying on the Lord to push her forward. "The task ahead is never as big as the force behind us!" She has so gratefully received all that she has from Him, so now He's giving her more! What a privilege to be an instrument in His hands, to have the opportunity to love and grow with her family. They're incredible.
 
This work is hard, its exhausting. But oh how remarkable it is! It is most fulfilling and joyous. Every moment is precious and remarkable and I am so eternally grateful that Heavenly Father has allowed me to serve here in Virginia. Elder Holland said: "I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy. We are The Church of Jesus Christ, this is the truth, and He is our Great Eternal Head. How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him? It seems to me that missionaries and mission leaders have to spend at least a few moments in Gethsemane. Missionaries and mission leaders have to take at least a step or two toward the summit of Calvary.. Now, please don’t misunderstand. I’m not talking about anything anywhere near what Christ experienced. That would be presumptuous and sacrilegious. But I believe that missionaries and investigators, to come to the truth, to come to salvation, to know something of this price that has been paid, will have to pay a token of that same price."

We are laboring in the vineyard with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. And He, the Lord of the vineyard is working beside us. We are not alone. I'm privileged to be here. And I adore Sister Bell. We've seen so many miracles!

My hands grow weary of typing and my mind never quite knows where to start. I seems as though I write nothing of all the miracles I've seen, that I fail to convey the miracles He has wrought. I love Him. I am grateful for His patience. He has provided the way for us to return home. He sent us His only Begotten Son. He so willingly and so humbly came here for us. Through faith in Him and His infinite and perfect Atonement, through repentance, baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and through enduring to the end, we can and will return home to that God who gave us life.
 
I love this ward. I love Sister Bell. I love Warrenton. Its so beautiful and the people are so incredible. I am so privileged to know them and to grow with them. We have the truth in its fullness. I am so humbled to be here. I love Him.
 
LOVE SISTER JULIA JEPPSEN
 

Virginia is stunning! And that cow is stunned haha

Sonia and Sonia Claire!! They came to church! Woohoo! We're so excited for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment