Wednesday, May 29, 2013

5-28-13 "The Circle of Life" / Which mission will I be in????


DAD MOM RYAN RASH LIZA EMMA and my beloved brethren
Another hiking success, it sounds haha :) Hooray! I truly am amazed to hear of the outreach you and the Relief Society sisters are making in inviting and encompassing so many members and, most especially, nonmembers in feeling Heavenly Father's love for them! I honestly am so astonished and overjoyed. God is not only inspiring you, but He is driving you in this active effort of bringing to pass His work and His glory. Thank you and thanks be to God!
I love the Westerns. They are our dearest friends. We had a beautiful Memorial day dinner with them and their former home teachers from Woodbridge, the Looslis. Six kids and one on the way. We had fun feeding their chickens with live cicadas that we ourselves had found and caught. I felt torturous for a second - but then the song "Circle of Life" came to my mind and the feeling left haha.
So this sweet girl, Amber, innocently gave us the wrong address, and surely she was inspired by God to do so. When we knocked, Amber wasn't the one to answer, but instead, Mary Susan came to the door. Straightway, without much of an introduction except "we are representatives of Jesus Christ," she welcomed us in. As we sat down, she said she hoped that we would be an answer to her prayers. And surely we were! Heavenly Father loves her and what a privilege it is to love her too. She started to tell us of her brother who committed suicide and her mother who recently passed away. There we began teaching her the beautiful and perfect plan of happiness - created by our loving Father in Heaven and made possible by our Savior, Jesus Christ. As we expounded upon the scriptures, teaching from the sacred Book of Mormon, her questions were answered. She explained to us the powerful feeling of peace that washed over her body, starting in her shoulders and moving down to her fingertips, as we taught her. She loved learning of the pre-existence and she was convinced that we knew each other before this life. Oh how I adore her!! Mary Su, my sweet sister. I thank the Lord for letting Sister Bell and I know her and to be His instruments in bringing her to the truth and peace of His restore gospel.
Transfers are this Thursday --  My dear sweet incredible companion, Sister Bell will be staying in Warrenton and training!! WOOHOO! She is going to be an incredible trainer. She has taught me so much. Her zeal for reaching for and exceeding our goals is tremendous and I hope I can share all that He's allowed me to learn from her with many others. I will be leaving Warrenton (I do not know where yet) and serving as a Sister Training Leader (a new worldwide missionary leadership position for sisters.. its kinda like a zone leader, but for sisters.) What I will be doing, exactly, I have no idea. But I trust Heavenly Father does and will help me be an effective instrument in His hands in doing whatever it is He has in store. Surely there are many others far more qualified for the call, but I am grateful for the opportunity to grow, serve, and love the other sisters of the DC south mission. Oh guess what. Whoever gets transferred to Fredricksberg or Woodbridge this week will not be in the DC South mission come June 30th. Crazy huh! What a sad day that will be - to lose President Riggs. But all will be well. Whatever happens, the Lord is in it.
I love you with all my heart! 33 days, til the wall of Jerusalem, aka the Washington DC South Mission is rebuilt. Woohoo!
LOVE SISTER JEPPSEN

 Mary Su

 Elmer :)

The Hartleys

Ooooh Brother Western

The Looslis

No comments:

Post a Comment