Thursday, June 6, 2013

6-3-13 Assigned to Singles Ward in Same Mission! Teaching Amazing, such Prepared People!


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA EMMA and my beloved friends
Hello! IS LIZA GRADUATED?!?! My baby's all grown up and savin China! I'm so.. HAPPY! I think you are on the cruise now.. I have no idea. God speed!
TRANSFERS: Sister Bell stayed in Warrenton and she's training. I love her so much - because she relies on Christ, she will do an excellent job! I'll hopefully be returning for some baptisms soon :) And I'm now serving in the Braddock YSA (Young Single Adult ages 18-30) ward with Sister Crockett! She is absolutely incredible. She's been serving for 3 months longer than me. She's from Valencia, California and she is so humble, so kind, so loving, so powerful, so obedient. She's a remarkable teacher and she truly loves those that she serves. AND to top it all off - she thinks I'm funny!! :D haha. Heavenly Father is so good. We're serving as Sister Training Leaders - so basically we are over 5 different companionships of sisters and we go on exchanges twice a week to train them and motivate them. Its going to be an adventure. We're already seeing miracles! This work is wrought of our God. The Braddock YSA ward is gigantic! It covers 3 stakes - so approximately 20 cities! Its crazy. The whole world is our playground.
Nghia Tong. I love him so much. I only taught him one time before he was baptized, but I feel like we're best friends haha. He's so great! He's Vietnamese, 19 years old, and plays in 3 different bands. And through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, he has changed his life dramatically. He has been transformed! He loves God and he humbly follows Him. He's come to know Him better and to love Him more through reading the Book of Mormon and living His commandments. Though his family does not support him and they do not understand, he is doing what his parents have strived diligently to teach him: he is following Jesus Christ. This is His church, this is His gospel. He has been cleansed through His power, through His authority. Nghia has entered into a covenant with God that He is willing to always remember Him, to keep Him commandments and to be His witness and His hands. In return our Father in Heaven has promised a remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Ghost. God promises us "wonderful gifts, unspeakable gifts, nearly incomprehensible gifts" through the ordinances of the priesthood (Elder Holland). Why would we not be baptized? Why would we not keep His commandments? Christ is the way to never ending happiness and eternal life. Let us continually follow Him.
Now I must tell you about Tony P.. I am absolutely amazed at the Lord's hand in His life. He is so very prepared. It's so strange how similar he and Troy J. are. Both bald, really humble, polite and gentlemanly, both really prepared and both ready to be baptized. I've never set a baptismal date with someone BEFORE teaching our first lesson with him haha. He's read the entire Book of Mormon, he has prayed and received multiple personal, and powerful witnesses through the Holy Ghost that it is true, he's come to church for the last 3 months and is now reading the Doctrine and Covenants. I am amazed!! And how privileged I am to know him and to be one of God's instruments in teaching him. So he had met with another set of missionaries a few months ago, and for some reason - he did not like meeting with them. He refused to be taught by them or any other set of sister missionaries. He insisted that he read the entire Book of Mormon before meeting with any kind of missionary. But because of the light of Christ that shines in Sister Crocket, combined with the Spirit and any other means by which the Lord worked, his heart was changed and the very day we were called to be companions, he texted - asking to meet with us as soon as possible.
I am nothing. All the good that is done, all the miracles that we see, all the people who are blessed and comforted, who are healed and transformed, it is done through the grace and love of the Lord Jesus Christ. This is Heavenly Fathers work. This is His glory. I thank Him in ALL things. I praise Him in ALL things. Through His only Begotten Son, our Savior and Lord, I am made strong. I love Them.
LOVE SISTER JEPPSEN

 Nghia and my new companion Sister Crockett! I love them.

Sister Bell is training in Warrenton! Woohoo


Nghia and Elder Williams. He's baptized!! Woohoo!

Anderson, Rafael, and Pheta

Tony and Carmen. I stand all amazed! What a privilege

No comments:

Post a Comment