Monday, August 12, 2013

8-12-13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengtheneth Me!!! Be Content, Happy and Grateful!!


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA EMMA and my beloved brethren
What a glorious birthday mom! 50 years old and flying!!! WOOHO!
The Lord in His mercy has allowed Sister Crockett and I to start teaching Jorge  as well as Scott  this week - two young singles that I had the privilege of teaching a year ago while I served with Sister Carter and Meier in Centreville!!!! Both are such miracles and it is such an honor to speak in behalf of Jesus, in helping them receive His glorious restored gospel. God found Jorge last year when we were at a loss of things to do. We prayed and asked Him where we should go. Not knowing before hand where we were going, we followed the Spirit. The Lord told us to walk. So walk we did. Eventually, we made our way to a beautiful pond. Along the banks sat Jorge, sitting in deep and contemplative study of the Bible. It was surely designed by Divinity. We would meet him periodically after work and teach him by the pond. Eventually we passed him to the elders who served in the Annandale area in which he lived. But with the combination of transfers and vacation, the missionaries lost contact with him. 8 months later, the voice of the Lord came unto me, bringing Jorge to my remembrance. And with His grace, we are teaching him again! Oh how I thank our Beloved Father and Redeemer. 
It's interesting to see the Lord teach us specific things at certain times of our lives, according to His infinite and loving wisdom. If we humbly and diligently seek His help, believing that we will receive, He will teach us the things we need to know for the callings we are called to bear. This is something Jesus has taught me while serving as a Sister Trainer Leader, of which has been a great experience! Oh how I love the sisters. Paul went to the Philippians to teach the members there. From speculation, we can assume that there must have been several people experiencing feelings of inadequacy and weakness. Paul, having felt that same way once before, shares with them what the Lord had taught him. He said: "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do ALL things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:11-13)The purpose of this life is to have joy as we prepare to return home to Heavenly Father; to be happy and content. It is easy to look ahead and be overwhelmed with all that we need to improve, do, and become. True - we are far from that glorious and divine potential of which we work toward, but we must learn to look back and be grateful for the tremendous progress we have made. In whatsoever state we are, we must learn to be content, happy, and grateful. I am grateful for who I am, for who you are. I am grateful for all we know and have so graciously received. I thank Him for leading, guiding, refining, and enabling us to become all that we are right now, in this moment. We are full and we abound in His grace and goodness. And oh how we ought to be full of gratitude and thanksgiving. At the same time, Paul teaches us to be grateful for all that we are going to learn, all that we are going to receive, and all that we are going to become. We must be hungry for that which He has in store. We must diligently search, reach, seek, and strive for more, both in understanding and in character. "Great and marvelous are the works of the Lord. How unsearchable are the depths of the mysteries of him" (Jacob 4:8). How infinite is His wisdom, His love, and His power. We have so much that lies ahead and we can press forward with faith and joy. Imagine a young toddler who recently learned how to walk. He rejoices in his newly developed capacity, having advanced from the mode of crawling. Though he may not yet fully comprehend all that lies ahead, he can look forward to the day he learns to run and bike and swim. Likewise, we too must be grateful for how far we've come - thanking the Lord with gratitude for all that we are and all that we will become. Jesus Christ is the perfect example. He is my life and my light and I thank Him for all that I am.
LOVE SISTER JEPPSEN

Jorge!

Nghia loves ice cream cones and Mike loves the Book of Mormon

Sister Crockett loves ice cream cones

Allison and Marcela and their bushel of mangos


The "bug boys" (Scott, Irvin, and Logan)

No comments:

Post a Comment