Monday, August 26, 2013

8-26-13 Julia Gets Another Great Companion- the Road Trip Test Proves Successful!


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA EMMDONG and my dearly beloved friends
KK's goin to Mexico City! That's where Nick served.. right? I love you all so much. You are so precious and dear to me. 
WOohoo!! I love the Carusos!! I can't wait to meet them!  Surely, as Elder Anderson said, we are ALL an important part of this unfolding miracle.
My dear Sister Crockett is now home in California. I thank our gracious and kind Father in Heaven for her - He has taught me so very much through her Christ-like example. I love her so dearly. And now He has so mercifully given me Sister Borland for my companion. She is incredible! I love her with all my heart!
So it is said that one should go on a road trip with your companion before you can know if your relationship will be one of lasting joy. Sister Borland and I have successfully done so and have passed with flying colors! ha ha Glory be to God! We went on a venture to Woodbridge and the traffic was crazy and wonderful. We loved it. We had fun doing sit ups and telling stories and enjoying each other's company while we sat on highways. What joy and love fills our hearts as we serve the Lord and remember His goodness and His righteousness. He so abundantly blesses us, and our hearts rejoice as we praise our Redeemer for all that we have received. As we drove from place to place, far and wide in our humongous Braddock YSA area, we saw miracle after miracle!
I thank our kind Savior for helping you get a copy of the talk: Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ by Robert E Millet. Thanks Joni! The Spirit taught me so much as I read his words. As Aaron of the Book of Mormon described, "Since man had fallen he could not merit anything of himself" (Alma 22:14). It is only by HIS merits that we are saved. Jesus is perfect. Because of His righteousness, His power, His love, His sacrifice, His grace - we can return home to our Father in Heaven. Because of His suffering in the garden of Gethsemane, His death on the cross, and His glorious resurrection, we will return to the presence of God, leaving mortality to immortality, standing before Him to be judged. He has made possible the condition of repentance. We can "[put] off the natural man and [become] a saint" through His holy name (Mosiah 3:10). How great are the reasons have we to rejoice!
Jeff's getting baptized this weekend!! Woohoo! I thank the Lord for allowing me to feel a portion of His perfect love for him. He's so sweet. When we asked him how he was feeling about everything, he said: "Amazing.. I can't believe someone would care enough to baptize me." He is so precious and beloved by our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ. What a privilege to love him as He does.
LOVE SISTER JEPPSEN

 SISTER BORLAND!!
 Bishop Leonard :) I am so grateful to serve with such a consecrated man. He is so invested in missionary work and loves the Lord so passionately.


 Isaiah finally got a watch haha

 Such a miracle! The Lord led us to find this incredible girl named Courtney while I was on exchange in Shirlington.

No comments:

Post a Comment