Tuesday, September 3, 2013

9-2-13 Melissa Stewart Look Alike! Jeff's Miraculous Baptism Clothes!


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA EMMA and my beloved friends
I am so happy for the Carusos!  I'm excited to meet them and love them one day too!

We are still doing 12 exchanges a transfer, but with the increase of sisters - we're up to 8 companionships that we care for! Its incredible, and so sacred. I truly cherish each exchange. What a privilege it is to serve, love, and learn with these good good sisters. 

Our dear friend and brother Jeff is baptized! It has been such an adventure. 
Let me explain. So because of Jeff's largeness is stature, we were in search for a baptismal suit that would fit him. He told us he was a size 50 and none of the buildings had pants even close to his size - so we called the temple and asked if we could borrow some of their white clothing. We weren't allowed to loan out any of their clothing, but God so graciously inspired a good soul to bring a size 50 pant to the distribution center moments after we called. We miraculously purchased them and brought them to Jeff to try on.. but it turns out he's more accurately a size 60. The next morning I was with Sister Roper on an exchange and the Lord expanded my understanding of the Creation. We are heirs of a Creator and we are learning to be like Him. Our Heavenly Father so mercifully provided us with a pair of size 50 pants, and He did so in the most creative of ways. And then He gave us the opportunity to develop in our creativity - just as He did the Brother of Jared in the Book of Mormon. We found a white dress, a needle and some thread and began sewing away! Oh, to develop in creativity! I was doing so well until I found that I had sewed my skirt to the fabric haha. We finished our makeshift pant extension, complete with safety pins, and brought it to Jeff to try on... again to no avail. Time was running short and after collaborating with both President Riggs and Bishop Leonard, we discovered it is a requirement that Jeff wear white. So, white he would wear. I love Jeff so very much. He is important to our Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ, he is of infinite value and worth. We would find some white clothes for him.  Sister Borland and I were privileged to feel and experience such a love for him as we worked to provide the white clothing required for his baptism. The Lord, in His mercy, inspired us to turn to the Cromptons who were guided to find a 3XL jumpsuit. We brought it to Jeff and to our rejoicing, it fit!! Though it wouldn't zip over his chest, it was sufficient and he slipped a white shirt to top it off. It was perfect. I thank our kind Father in Heaven for letting me stand in the place of our Savior for His beloved son Jeff.  Jeff was so pleased!  Jesus is fighting for us. He continually is working to provide us with opportunities to accept Him and to become more like Him. 

I love you each so dearly. I rejoice in His mercy for sending me to you. 

LOVE SISTER JEPPSEN
 
 Sister Henry is related to Melissa Stewart and Sister Schramm is Melissa's exact look-alike! I LOVED it! 

 Such a miraculous lesson. It was Anderson's first lesson as a ward missionary and it is was very

 Jeff's Baptism!!

 Dayana is such a miracle :)


No comments:

Post a Comment