Wednesday, July 10, 2013

7-8-13 Pat passed away. Miracles allowed me to sing and comfort him


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA EMMA and my fellow servants and friends
How gracious and so merciful is Heavenly Father for sending me to you. You are precious and most dear to me and I will forever cherish each of you, my beloved family. I love you. Thank you for your continual and constant love and support.
I remember when I first got out on my mission. With Sister Rozsa as my companion and trainer, a true legend in the DC South Mission - to whom I will forever thank and look to, we rode our bikes all around Shirlington, wasting and wearing out our lives in every essence of the word. I had the privilege to return to my home land this week, on July 2nd to be exact, to go on an exchange with Sister Mckee. And surely it was by the grace of He who is the Redeemer and Savior of the world that I was there at that specific time. The Lord spake unto me, prompting us to go see Pat Mclein, an incredible man that I had the blessing of loving and serving while with Sister Rozsa. We went to see him and just as we arrived, Pat's roommate was on his way out. He informed us that Pat had just been transferred from the ICU into a room in the Arlington Hospital the day prior and that he was in very poor health. My heart broke.. I love Pat. 
But oh, how merciful is our God. As I look back and ponder on the mercy and hand of the Lord, my eyes are quickened by the Spirit and I behold His love in every detail of my life. To be on an exchange in Shirlington the very day that I was surely was preceded by countless miracles that could have only been done by our loving and all knowing Father in Heaven. To be a Sister Trainer Leader, to have had stewardship over the Shirlington area, to have been on an exchange that specific day, to have had the idea to visit Pat, to have crossed paths with his roommates who were leaving the very moment we came, to have found a ride so effortlessly the next morning to the hospital, and to have had those short precious moments with my friend are but a few of His careful and tender mercies.   
For a while, I tried to wake him, but he continued to sleep, unresponsive. The doctors and nurses could not tell us what was wrong due to patient protection rights. But finally, I listened, and the voice of the Lord entered into my heart and I sought no more to wake him, but to comfort him. I knelt by his side, holding his hand in mine and started to sing. Tho my voice was soft and shaky as I fought to hold back the tears, I sang "I Am a Child of God" to my dear friend and brother. I love Pat and I thank my God, my great and gentle God, for preparing the way for me to say goodbye to my friend and brother.
My dear friend and recent convert, Pat Mclein, passed away on Saturday, July 6th. He fell and suffered severe damage to his skull, causing uncontrollable bleeding in his brain. Because of his preexisting medical conditions there was very little that the doctors could do. But thanks to the Lord, we were able to inform the ward of his injury, and he was not alone as he passed on to the next life.

What everlasting peace comes in knowing the plan of our God. He sent His Only Begotten Son to redeem us, to empower us, and to exalt us. I love Pat, and oh what joy comes in knowing where he is! He will be an instrument in helping his dear family embrace the fullness of Christ's gospel. His understanding of and conversion to the gospel will deepen and expand tremendously as he continues to progress and learn in the Spirit World! I love him. And oh how I love my Father and my Friend.
LOVE SISTER JEPPSEN

Nothing short of a miracle, I was able to visit and comfort Pat in the hospital.
Pat Mclein, recent convert and dear friend passed away July 6th


No comments:

Post a Comment