Monday, July 29, 2013

7-29-13 Missionary Life Is Fabulous!!!


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA EMDONG and my beloved friends.
The grace of Jesus Christ surely is the enabling power that strengthens and empowers us to do far more than we could possibly imagine if left to our own means. We are in awe of all the miracles we witness and are so blessed to be apart of each day. I love Him, my Shepherd and my Light, my Life and my Salvation. Ryan, Denis, Jeff, Malina, the Matthews family, Marcella, George, Jimmy, Ana, Mike, Sean, and all the Sisters of which I am so privileged to know. (We go out on exchanges twice a week to train the sisters). I love each of these, my brothers and sisters so dearly. To each person, we give all that we have and are to help them. We ask, listen, discern, teach, testify, liken, invite, promise, follow up, plan, pray, study, receive, motivate, encourage, train, correct, direct, envision, and love. Every phase of this glorious work is done by and through the gift and power of the Holy Ghost. We are called of God. Our authority is above that of the Kings of the earth! By revelation, we have been selected as personal representatives of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is our Master, and He has chosen us to represent Him. To stand in His place to say and do what He, himself, would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. (Elder McConkie). Its absolutely miraculous to have a whole new pool of progressing investigators and friends after having baptized so many. We are in awe of our Heavenly Father. He who rules and governs worlds without end - cares for and loves each of His children personally and individually. I thank Him. I praise Him. In humble adoration, I worship and glorify Him. Our mortal perspective is so limited in comprehending all that He does for each one of us. He is so intricately involved. Oh how I rejoice for His mercy in expanding my vision that I might see even the smallest portion of His hand more clearly.
Let me share a story. Kim is a member of the church. She's 21 years old and was, at the time attending the family ward in which she was raised. Before I got to this ward, the Lord directed Sister Crockett and Sister Hansen to her home to visit with her. Kim is very shy and quiet. As many of us do, she has struggled with confidence and self-esteem issues her whole life. She lacked the courage and self confidence to attend the young single adult ward and instead would sit out in the foyer, from time to time, to listen to the talks as opposed to joining the congregation to learn and to worship. But with the sisters persistence, love, and continual invitations, she came. Her confidence has been growing little by little as she has trusted the Lord. In a matter of weeks, she received a calling as the ward chorister. The first Sunday I was here, I prayerfully looked out to the ward members, asking Father who in the congregation we needed to visit and work with. As I saw Kim conducting the sacrament hymns, my heart burned within me and I felt the Lord tell me that we needed to continue working with her. Not only would we visit her, but she started to come out with us, teaching and helping one of our sweet foreign friends (Niraj, from Nepal) come to know for himself that God lives. It has been incredible to see her become more confident, little by little - even initiating conversations with other girls in Relief Society. And now the Lord, in His perfect wisdom and timing, has led Sister Crockett and I to Marcella - a cute girl who struggles with self confidence and knowing if God really cares about her. Oh how marvelous it was to have Kim share her personal experience and testimony of coming to know for herself that Heavenly Father really is listening and that she really is of divine worth. He is so intricately involved in her life! I bow in humble adoration. In addition, by His loving mercy and knowledge, she has at long last found a job - of which she goes door to door selling some sort of product. He is so perfectly preparing her and helping her reach for her divine potential! Kim IS confident. Kim IS full of faith. She is fearless. And oh how we rejoiced as we recognized together His gentle but empowering hand in preparing her for a MISSION!!!! Kim is going to serve a mission!! Oh how I praise and glorify our God! The mission is going to transform her even more! Words cannot describe the sweet joy we felt as we rejoiced together during our drive home from Marcella's house. I love Kim so very much and I boldly and confidently testify of the eternally profound effect missions can have. My mission has changed me forever.
I cannot keep from pouring my heart out in great thanksgiving to our God. Oh how great is His wisdom, His power, His mercy and sweet love. He has a perfect comprehension of ALL things, and I will glorify His name forever. Through the grace of the Jesus Christ, we can become perfect. I love Him and willingly submit all that I am to Him, for that is the only intelligent thing to do. I want to become like Him, so into His hands I commend my Spirit.
LOVE SISTER JEPPSEN

 Some of the sisters

Azur, Rachel, and George. Azur is so consecrated and the moment we asked who we could share the glorious message of our Savior with, she immediately said George! And with sure confidence and faith in Jesus Christ, she called him up right then and there and set up a dinner to meet us.

 Danielle and Ryan :)

Jeff is such a good guy. I love him

No comments:

Post a Comment