Wednesday, September 25, 2013

9-23-13 "Launching Leaders" Class And the Ritchies Are So Empowering!!


DAD MOM RYAN RASH LIZA EMMA and my dear friends
 
Great week! Dayana T is baptized and fully converted unto the Lord. I thank our Father in Heaven for the privilege to witness and be part of this unfolding miracle. Nghia, our recent convert, baptized her. And Chunyu, our darling investigator from China, said the closing prayer. It was beautiful. Dayana is remarkable. With Bishop Leonard, the stake Relief Society President, and many others, we marvel at Dayana's incredible faith. She must have developed the gift of leadership in our premortal home, for she already has been the means of doing much good in the community at only 19 years of age. And now that she has made this sacred covenant with God, I can only imagine but a part of the great work the Lord will perform through her hands.
 
Have I ever mentioned Elder and Sister Ritchie before? They are sooo great. (AND they knew Grandpa Jeppsen). They've served as mission president in Africa and multiple missions throughout the world in teaching a 'Launching Leaders' class of which I am at a loss of words to describe how empowering it is.
 
Oh how I thank our Father in Heaven for the commandments! For every commandment, if we live it long enough, we develop an attribute of Christ. We would never become great missionaries if we never did the things great missionaries do. We would never become like Him if we didn't do the things He does. That is the very purpose and design of His holy commandments. He wants us to return home to Him, so through Christ, He has provided the way. I love the commandments and I love  helping our brothers and sisters live them, that they might become incrementally more like Him with every small act of obedience.
 
I love going on exchanges with the sisters. This week, I had the opportunity to serve with Sister Randquist in Mt Vernon for a blessed 24 hours. She was baptized precisely 1 year and 1 month ago. It was so much fun. Through Sister Borland and I, the Lord has ever so persistently been encouraging all our recent converts to serve missions, and being with Sister Randquist made it that much more of a reality. I loved it. I love her.
 
Scott's baptism was moved to this upcoming Friday in Utah. 7 pm :) Liza, you're going yes? Irvin has been assigned to make sure you have some sort of transportation there. It's going to be great!
 
LOVE SISTER JEPPSEN

The Ritchie's

Dayana's baptism!

I love her!

P.S.  This is a cool article that is about Julia's area, before she arrived, and about the Ritchies teaching the "Launching Leaders" that she loves! What a small world... Las Vegas and Virginia!!!!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment