Monday, September 30, 2013

9-30-13 Eliza goes to Scott's Baptism in Utah, we celebrate in VA!


DAD MOM RYAN RACHELLE LIZA EMMADONG and my beloved friends
 
Hello. Scott Gilgy is BAPTIZED!!!! Oodallaley! At long last, our dear friend and brother has entered into the covenant of baptism with the Savior. I ran around the house with joy in his behalf. Oh how I love Scott!! What a happy day! And LIZA, you were there!! My beloved Liza. Sister Borland's family made it too. What a dream. Of course, we went to McDonald's to celebrate at the very hour the baptism began. Though he was miles away, Mountain time, it felt as though we were there. It was wonderful. With our Father in Heaven, we rejoiced - for surely His heart was brim with joy for His son. Quite the adventure communicating with both missionaries and bishops in Utah and Washington state to get everything worked out.
 
Dad - I love your new calling! Seeing that this YSA ward you're in is AWESOME and does crazy things all the time, I feel as though I can relate well with your missionaries that serve there. This week, our ward also went on a retreat; they ventured up to Maryland for three days - having sacrament meeting at the campsite. They had so much fun :) As for those of us who stayed in Virginia, we gathered together to have sacrament meeting, though our numbers were few in number. Because Bishop Leonard could count on us missionaries being in attendance, he asked that we join him in speaking. The Spirit was so powerful. And we had with us our dear friend Tracey. Her eyes were wide and bright throughout the entire meeting. She was beaming with joy! Because of the lack in numbers, we only had one combined class after sacrament meeting, Gospel Doctrine, before we adjourned. Normally, we take our friends to the Gospel Essentials class because the content taught is much more basic and fundamental. But surely God was in the details. He carried the words of the teacher to her heart and mind with great light. Indeed, she was taught from on high. We later had a lesson with her and she expressed her amazement. She loved every moment of church. With awe, she told us of the powerful feelings of peace, joy, and enlightenment she experienced. The Spirit had taught her that she needed to be more diligent and determined in finding out the truth, just as the Saints were diligent in building the Salt Lake City Temple. She was beaming! How wondrous and sweet to witness her conversion unto the Lord. I thank Him for the sacred opportunity.
 
General Relief Society meeting was fantastic!! I love the prophet. Oh how we praise and thank our God for a prophet, to guide us in these latter days. And the Relief Society presidency surely are called and set apart by God, for their words were carried forth by His Spirit. We are a covenant people. It was love that motivated Jesus to keep His covenant to atone for the sins of the world. It was love that motivated the Father to keep His covenant to allow His Son to endure such pain. God was motivated by love, the question is - are we? Thank you Mom and Dad for continually keeping your sacred promises with the Lord in the small and simple acts you do. Thank you Emma, Liza, Rachelle, and Ryan. All that you do and all that you are, I thank  our Lord.
 
I'm so happy you got to meet Sister Crockett Mom. I love her with all my heart! And I love YOU with all my heart. I've been soo very blessed. You'll love Sister Borland too. I feel like I'm running around with you all the time Emma dong. It's great! I love you so much. I LOVE MY MISSION! I am amazed at how much God loves me.
LOVE SISTER JEPPSEN
 

Sister Borland and me and Scott's baptism.

Eliza and Scott at his baptism in Utah.

This is the darling Chunyu :)


 Tracey!

No comments:

Post a Comment